Electromagnetic Effects Design and Analysis Engineer – DER or ODA Unit Memb Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Electromagnetic Effects Design and Analysis Engineer – DER or ODA Unit Memb job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space and Security - Electrical Engineering Core is seeking Electromagnetic Effects and Analysis Engineers – DER or ODA Unit Members – Level 5.
Candidates have the option of working out of Oklahoma City, OK, Saint Louis, MO, El Segundo, CA, Philadelphia, PA, Houston, TX, Huntsville, AL, or Mesa, AZ.
This position is for an experienced certification engineer to serve as an Engineering Unit Member (E-UM) under The Boeing Company’s Organization Delegation Authorization. The E-UM will be tasked with either showing or finding compliance of new and modified military aircraft for: Bonding and Grounding, P-static, Flight Critical, Lightning Protection, HIRF, and Electrical Equipment. Assignments would include unit and system level test witnessing across a variety of military commercial derivative aircraft including KC-46A, VC-25, PAR, JSTARS, C-32, C-40A, C-40B, E-4B, AWACS, AEW & C and others.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions, help grow and mentor the next generation of engineers, and guide the candidates’ career towards the submittal of a candidacy for a position in the Boeing Technical Fellowship.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Review and approve supplier test procedures and reports as a Design Approval Engineer
- Provide certification plan approval to MIL-STD-461 or DO 160 EMI requirements
- Witness component and system level laboratory tests for EMI/EMC/HIRF/Lightning/P-Static
- Witness aircraft level tests for EMI/EMC/HIRF/Lightning/P-Static
- Issue FAA Form 8100-9 to document results of test witnessing
- Support ODA and SAW management by tracking and reporting project status
- Mentor Engineering Unit Members in Training (E-UMiT) with the goal of developing the next generation of Boeing ODA E-UM and CVE members
Other job responsibilities may include:
- Review supplier and partner qualification data for Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Develop and validate electromagnetic requirements for electricalelectronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures
- Perform EMI/EMC, Nuclear Hardening, HIRF/Lightning, RF COSITE, and Antenna Coupling analyses and test
- Develop and implement Test Automation for aircraft modifications
- Apply EMI engineering technology experience to document and solve complex problems
- Perform trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analyses to predict component, interconnects, and system performance and to optimize design
- Apply conversion, correction, and antenna factors to EMI/EMC analyses and test
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry required
- Must have 10 or more years of previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Must have at least 8 years of additional MIL-STD-461/464 and/or DO-160 EMI/EMC experience
- Must have a current designation by the FAA as a Designated Engineering Representative (DER) or Organization Designation Authorization Engineering Unit Member (ODA E-UM) with Chart C2 Electrical Equipment (Equipment Qualification Tests or Lightning/HIRF Protection) -OR- have voluntarily surrendered those authorizations within 2 years
- Must currently hold all of the following Chart C2 Authorized Areas for Delegated Functions for the following coordinates: Lightning/HIRF Protection A7, B7, C7, D7, E7, F7, G7, H7, I7, J7, K7
- Must be willing to travel at least 75% of the time as required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- An ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a Master’s/PhD in electrical engineering is preferred
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Hold all of the following Chart C2 Authorized Areas for Delegated Functions for the following coordinates: Equipment Qualification Tests A2, B2, C2, D2, E2, F2, G2, H2, I2, J2, K2
- Additional authorizations in one or more of the following: Service Documents, Electrical Systems, Avionics Systems and Sub Systems, Electrical Load Analysis, Lightning HIRF Protection, Safety Analysis, Enhanced Airworthiness Program for Airplane Systems (EAPAS) and electrical wiring interconnect system (EWIS)
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electromagnetic Effects
Please note on your resume each chart and the coordinates on that chart in which you have DER or ODA authorization. Failure to note this will disqualify you from this requisition.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation and a possible Sign-On bonus based on candidate eligibility.
Oklahoma Tax Credit:
If you have an engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university in Oklahoma and are not currently working in the aerospace sector in Oklahoma, you may qualify for a $5000 tax credit from the state of Oklahoma for up to five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.