Electrician Experienced Level Featured
- Havelock, North Carolina
- Job ID
Electrician Experienced Level job at Boeing in Havelock NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced Electrician to support our Hunter Facilities Operation in Hertford, NC.
This position will support a current infrastructure anticipating many upgrades. We are looking for a high performer to join Boeing on an amazing team supporting our customers. Join our team for an opportunity to connect, protect, and inspire!
- Maintain, install and repair 120/208 volt and 277/ 480 volt electrical power distribution systems including electrical main gear, generators, automatic transfer switches, transformers, feeders, panels, branch circuits, motors, lighting and troubleshooting systems
- Utilize general knowledge of building codes, state regulations and safety procedures
- Construct commercial office space by providing overall electrical capabilities, with limited supervision
- Respond to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Repair and maintain power plant and office facilities equipment and can demonstrate advanced skill level in these areas
- Interpret basic schematics and diagrams
- Utilize general knowledge of grounding systems and testing
- Operate various man lift equipment
- Review customer requirements and may evaluate product capabilities, under general guidance
-May receive specialized equipment training
- May provide training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment
- Climb ladders, work from aerial/scissor lifts, walk on grid platforms and work from the roofs of commercial building
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at our Hertford, NC location.
Must have and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Minimum 3 years Electrician experience
- A current valid driver’s license
- Capable of lifting, pushing and pulling up to 35lbs
- Capable of working flexible hours to include overtime and weekends, when necessary
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools
- Current Master or Journeyman License
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years related work, Bachelor, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a 1st shift position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.