F 22 Pilot Training Software Engineer Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
F 22 Pilot Training Software Engineer job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
F-22 Pilot Training Software Engineer responsible for the development, testing, and deployment of software solutions used to train F-22 Fighter Pilots.
Are you interested in learning to fly the F-22 while developing and maintaining F-22 Pilot Training Software used to train F-22 fighter pilots? The F-22 Vehicle Simulation Team within Government Training Systems & Services is responsible for developing a wide range of products directly employed in the training of our nation’s fighter pilots:
- F-22 Pilot Training Avionics Simulation (PTAS)
- F-22 Advanced Simulation Toolset (FAST) supporting the Boeing Virtual Warfare Center (VWC)
- F-22 Development Test Environment (DTE)
- F-22 Mixed/Augmented Reality Simulation
- This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to directly impact the engineering, design, and development of multiple simulators.
- In this role you will design, implement, integrate, and test real-time human-in-the-loop models of aircraft systems and displays, and related tools and utilities.
- You will have the opportunity to lead projects, generate system design solutions, coach/mentor less experienced teammates, and develop technical expertise in complex aircraft systems and simulations. These simulations support the employment and training of next generation avionics and sensor systems for the F-22 Raptor.
- F-22 Vehicle Simulation Software Engineers test their changes daily in several different simulation environments including the desktop based Development Test Environment (DTE) and Full Mission Trainer (FMT) cockpit used in conjunction with the Constant Resolution Visual System (CRVS) driving 360 degrees of immersive, visual environment.
- Don a pair of Night Vision Goggles (NVG), grab the Hands?on-Throttle-and-Stick (HOTAS), and get ready for an incredible ride!
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in developing software using C++
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Direct experience designing and developing software for a real time system
- Experience in Agile, Kanban, Lean, automated testing, and/or continuous integration work
- Familiarity with avionics
- Experience with Git
- Experience with LINUX, WINDOWS
- Product Owner and/or Scrum Master experience is a plus
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location option. (St. Louis, MO)
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.