Aircraft Mechanic General Featured
- San Antonio, Texas
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic General job at Boeing in San Antonio TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, rigging, removing, replacing, and troubleshooting mechanical aircraft components.
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform mechanical modifications/repair.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
7+ years experience working as an Aircraft Mechanic
Willing and able to work any shift (Must be able & willing to work various shifts and / or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays; Mission requirements and / or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
Currently possess an FAA A & P License or Military Technical School equivalent
Computer skills experienced including but not limited to: Aircraft related systems and basic Microsoft Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel)
Experience reading and understanding Engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications
High school diploma or GED and typically 7+ or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.