Antennas & Propagation Design and Analysis Engineer – Level 3 Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Antennas Propagation Design and Analysis Engineer – Level 3 job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Electrical Engineering Core Group is seeking Antenna & Propagation Engineers - Level 3.
This position requires the candidate to work out of Oklahoma City, OK or Mesa, AZ.
The candidate will be responsible for providing RF system design analyses, including modeling and antenna coupling analysis on a multitude of air and space platforms recognized around the world. The engineer will also support EMI/EMC qualification of products being developed throughout Boeing. This position is for an experienced Electrical Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Apply knowledge of engineering and scientific methods and tools to optimize and achieve a total system solution with the appropriate antenna type while taking into account environmental effects such as electromagnetic pulse, lightning, and space, as well as system to system radio frequency interaction with the antenna
- Coordinate activities in RF Analysis with teammates, customers, and program personnel through the development and sustainment of various Boeing systems
- Develop and mentor teammates through the development of a variety RF Analysis efforts including RF COSITE, Antenna Coupling, and the production of Analysis Reports
- Evaluate RF system design drawings and supplier qualification data to verify and correct system design for safe and successful operation
- Support project management by tracking and reporting project status, by generating bids and requirements, and by providing work statement, budget, and schedule
Other job responsibilities may include:
- Perform EMI/EMC, Nuclear Hardening, HIRF/Lightning, RF COSITE, and Antenna Coupling analyses and test
- Review supplier and partner qualification data for Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Develop and validate electromagnetic requirements for electricalelectronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures
- Apply conversion factors, correction factors, antenna factors, and other EMI/EMC techniques
- Perform trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analyses to predict component, interconnects, and system performance and to optimize design
- Write appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Must have 5 or more years of previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in antenna, radome, anechoic materials, and dielectric materials design
- Must have at least 2 years of experience interpreting and applying requirements (such as coverage, frequency, gain, and polarization)
- Must have at least 2 years of experience applying electromagnetic theory to develop new antenna and radome types and technologies
- Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time as required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- An ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry is preferred
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- International Association for Radio, Telecommunications and Electromagnetics (iNARTE) Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer Certification
- Knowledge of digital signal processing
- Experience with CST Studio Suite
- Experience with ANSYS EMIT
- Experience with FEKO
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility and also a possible Sign-On bonus if qualified.
Oklahoma Tax Credit:
If you have an engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university in Oklahoma and are not currently working in the aerospace sector in Oklahoma, you may qualify for a $5000 tax credit from the state of Oklahoma for up to five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.