Avionics Electrical Wire Design Engineer Level 3 Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Avionics Electrical Wire Design Engineer Level 3 job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Oklahoma City AMM Engineering Labs Integration is seeking an Avionics Electrical Wire Design Engineer – Level 3 to be located in Oklahoma City, OK. The candidate will provide engineering integration and support technical design decisions for Boeing Military Aircraft, Military Derivative Aircraft (AEW & C, AWACS, C-32/C-40, E-4B, VC-25A, B-1B, B-2, B-52 and others) and diverse projects including development of lab verification strategy and architecture, breakdown of verification requirements, lab design including equipment placement, wiring pin-to-pin, wire diagrams, lab harness design, lab harness installation, equipment installation, rack design, troubleshooting, lab automation, simulation, and verification activities for aircraft development and modifications within BDS Oklahoma City Program Portfolios.
Other job responsibilities may include:
- Works with customers to develop and document complex avionics, electronic and electrical system requirements and design for labs.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Analyzes results and performs design reviews
- Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas)
- Supporting programs with the overall integration, Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Analyzes functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Participates in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering. ABET in electrical engineering is the preferred, although not required.
- 5 or more years of experience in engineering.
- This position requires that you work out of Oklahoma City, OK.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in wire design tools such as Mentor Capital, WIRS, CEEDS, and/or an equivalent avionics wire design system is highly desired.
- Experience with requirements management software (e.g. DOORS) AND/OR Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Model Based Engineering through-out the development lifecycle.
- Experience on aircraft or avionics development program(s) and in engineering labs is a plus.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Oklahoma Tax Credit:
If you have an engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university in Oklahoma and are not currently working in the aerospace sector in Oklahoma, you may qualify for a $5000 tax credit from the state of Oklahoma for up to five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.