Experienced Spacecraft Autonomy Systems Engineer Featured
- Tukwila, Washington
- Job ID
Experienced Spacecraft Autonomy Systems Engineer job at Boeing in Tukwila WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Space and Launch Systems is seeking an Experienced Spacecraft Autonomy Systems Engineer that will design Autonomous systems for programs in Washington State. This role will be responsible for autonomous product requirements definition and decomposition, systems design and analysis, systems integration, test, and verification. Be a part of our talented and highly-motivated team who are excited to be on the forefront of modern spaceflight. This position is located in Tukwila, WA.
- Develops system fault tree and develops fault management strategy for mission
- Understands and contributes to CONOPS development
- Develops and interprets vehicle states and modes
- Develops algorithms to implement fault management strategy, including orbit raising techniques in off nominal conditions
- Develops operational concepts and products, develops interface requirements, and performs verification and validation
- Performs analyses to evaluate and optimize total system performance to meet customer autonomous operation requirements
- Resolves technical issues and ensures the spacecraft and system are flight worthy prior to delivery
- Creates tools and techniques to optimize, analyze, and validate performance
- Develops solutions with cross-functional teams to assure mission success and presenting those findings to customer, chief engineer, and senior management
- Performs trade studies to meet program requirements
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret Clearance Post-Start isrequired.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience working in aerospace, defense, or similar high-tech industry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Aerospace Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing solutions to complex technical problems
- Experience working with C/C++
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Union Representation Statement:
This is a union-represented position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.