Experience F 22 Mission System Design Engineer Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
Experience F 22 Mission System Design Engineer job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an Experienced System Design Engineer (Level 3) in Berkeley, MO or Richardson, TX to join the F-22 Raptor Mission System Design Team with a focus on developing cutting edge engineering solutions to continue to advance the world’s premier air superiority fighter.
As a Design and Analysis Engineer, you will be responsible for developing engineering solutions for the F-22 Raptor, including both enhancing existing field units with the addition of new capabilities as well as architecting completely new systems. In this role you will be joining a cross-functional team to progress our products through the development lifecycle. The day-to-day activities of this position will be a combination of traditional design engineering, collaborating with cross-functional peers, leading and mentoring others, presenting technical challenges and solutions to leadership, and Technical Supplier Management (TSM).
- Part of a SAFe Agile work environment on a cross functional team composed of design, software, and system test engineers.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, engaging with multiple teams and being responsive to agile requirements and critical path customer need dates.
- Collaboration with Responsible Engineers, customer technical staff, suppliers, and Lockheed Martin teammates to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements for F-22 avionics sub-systems and weapon system architecture
- Analyzes and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications in support of lab and operational environments
- Define verification procedures for critical tests of various kinds to validate performance of designs to requirement.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
This position requires the ability to obtain program access, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship only.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Possess a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Capable of traveling 10% of the time
- Experience in an avionics, electrical, and/or a mission systems role
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is a negotiable benefit for this position for qualified candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.