Entry Level Software Engineer F 15 Program Featured
- Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Job ID
Entry Level Software Engineer F 15 Program job at Boeing in Maryland Heights MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries.
Title: F-15 Entry Level Software Engineer
Location: Maryland Heights, MO.
In this role you will assist with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems built by the F-15 Mission Planning team. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Can assist with test procedures to ensure software system requirements are met. Gathers information to support software project management. Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics. Supports software research and development projects. Troubleshoots basic software issues. Works under close supervision. Follows company software standards and processes.
- With general supervision, develops, documents, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages (C++, C#)
- Develops, documents and maintains software design by applying established methods and practices
- Performs troubleshooting of defects. Collaborates with others to propose solutions to problems
- Gathers and organize data for use in plans, schedules and estimates
- Assist in the specification and maintenance of software requirements
- Integrates and compile software components into builds. May test limited component level software in the target environment
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics
- Performs troubleshooting of operational and integration issues. May gather and document data on subject matter
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start isrequired.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience or education in software development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- 1+ years of experience in full software development life-cycle
- Experience with AWS, C2S, or other cloud environments
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This positionisfor 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.