Senior Wire Design & Installation Engineer Level 4 Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Senior Wire Design Installation Engineer Level 4 job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Oklahoma City Electrical Harness/Cable Group is seeking a Senior Electrical Wire Design and Installation Engineer Level 4 to be located in Oklahoma City, OK.
The candidate will lead the engineering team supporting current and capture VIP Commercial Derivative aircraft (IHOS, VC-25A/B, C-32/40, E-4B, SAOC). Main area of focus will be to develop and maintain cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs to ensure compliance to Boeing and US military wire harness design requirements. You will mentor lesser experienced engineers, providing knowledge transfer to aid in growing our next generation of engineers. Provide engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests). Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities. Develops complex statements of work, metrics, schedules and budgets. Performs technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Responsible for understanding and implementing technical standards of cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs.
- Review and approve electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs.
- Lead team to analyze complex results and performs design reviews.
- Provide engineering design disposition on discrepancies.
- Independently utilize processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
- Support the technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Manages team priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- Highly motivated and must work well as a team lead.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- ABET accreditation is preferred
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electrical Wire Design and Installation
- Current Material Review Board (MRB)
- Previous experience in Aircraft Electrical Wiring Interconnect System (EWIS)
- Previous experience in Model Based Engineering (MBE)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Oklahoma Tax Credit:
If you have an engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university in Oklahoma and are not currently working in the aerospace sector in Oklahoma, you may qualify for a $5000 tax credit from the state of Oklahoma for up to five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.