Data Engineer Featured
- Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Job ID
Data Engineer job at Boeing in Fayetteville NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is seeking a Data Engineer or Software Developer with data transformation (ETL) experience working with the latest industry tools.
As a U.S. government contractor, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
- Write code on a data extract, transform and load (ETL) platform to ingest and transform data to a suitable formats
- Add features to ETL platform to shorten timelines for future data integration efforts
- Develop, maintain code, and integrate software into a fully functional software system
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, sprint retrospectives, and other agile processes
- Work with external teams to validate data ingest
- Provide and maintain documentation of system architecture, development and enhancements
- Bachelors Degree and 5 or more years experience or masters degree with 3 or more years experience from an accredited course of study in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- An Active TS/SCI clearance
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of high scale cloud architecture
- Linux/Unix experience
- Object Oriented programming language skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Expertise in data ingestion, data transformation (ETL) and data modeling
- Experience with Java, Ruby or Python
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- 3 years experience working with batch-processing and tools (e.g., Nifi, Midpoint, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Hive, HDFS, Oozie)
- 1 year experience working with Restful web services
- Experience with Code development, deployment, versioning and build tools (e.g., Eclipse, git, svn, maven, Jenkins)
- Experience working with tools in stream-processing (e.g., Storm)
- Experience developing applications that work with NoSQL stores (e.g., ElasticSearch, Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Working in cloud architecture with AWS EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, ElasticSearch
- Experience working with moving data across different networks and security domains
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.