Portable Tool Repairperson Featured
- Renton, Washington
- Job ID
Portable Tool Repairperson job at Boeing in Renton WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is hiring Portable Tool Repairpersons to support aircraft production in Renton, Washington.
Employees in this position maintain, repair, rebuild, diagnose, and correct malfunctions of all types of Portable Tools. This includes pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, hand tools, and Electrostatic and Conventional paint equipment. Some office machines such as laminators and label makers may also be included. Tooling support and repair of non-certified measurement tools may also be a responsibility. Set up and checks all new tools before delivery to the end-user. Support MR & D in the evaluation of any new tools as well as tools currently in use. Maintain sufficient inventory of spare parts essential to maintaining the various tools on site. Arrange for the Packaging and shipping of tools to offsite customers. Will be responsible for evaluating tools as to the feasibility of repair versus surplus.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- A minimum of 1 year experience repairing portable tools.
Other Relevant Information
- Shift will be determined on production needs
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM-751 Collective Bargaining agreement.
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.