Junior Cloud Based Analytics Software Developer Featured
- Annapolis Junction, Maryland
- Job ID
Junior Cloud Based Analytics Software Developer job at Boeing in Annapolis Junction MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI & A) is seeking a Junior Cloud-Based Analytics Software Developer to join our team of talented engineers.
As a U.S. government contractor, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
Annapolis Junction, MD
Telework Availability: Not Available
The CNK Team supports a set of cloud based analytics; these analytics are built on the corporate infrastructure and incorporates various technologies like Java, MapReduce, Piglet, and Spring.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- No demonstrated experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygrph
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop data mining and data ingest processes for new data, and support integration with middle-tier and back-end APIs
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.