System Security Engineer Featured
- Annapolis Junction, Maryland
- Job ID
System Security Engineer job at Boeing in Annapolis Junction MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is seeking a System Security Engineer to join a team which is responsible for safe-guarding data from unauthorized access or modification ensuring its availability, confidentiality, and integrity.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Proposing, coordinating, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Developing and updating system security plans and other IA documentation.
- Providing change management for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
- Maintaining operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Performing analysis of enterprise-level security architectures, network management architectures, communications architectures, and key management architectures, identifying a vulnerability, and providing suggested mitigation alternatives.
- Bachelors Degree in a related Technical Field may be substituted for 4 years’ experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- 15+ years’ experience performing and providing security support to hardware, software, and applications.
- 7+ years’ experience providing technical guidance to mid-level personnel.
- Experience developing technical documentation.
- Technical experience with:
- XACTA, Gatekeeper, ROCBLASTER, KnightSupreme, LatteArt, and CASPORT
- Review system logs
- Taking a system to ATO and reauthorization of systems
- Creating data flow diagrams
- Secure the Enterprise Initiatives
- Audit reduction tools (SEAR, SPLUNK)
- Basic Unix operating system commands and log files
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills to resolve information security challenges.
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (although NOT required):
- CISSP certification.
- Previous client ISSO experience.
- Experience with IAVAs, audit events, and managing entitlements.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.