Principal Software Engineer RF Featured
- Annapolis Junction, Maryland
- Job ID
Principal Software Engineer RF job at Boeing in Annapolis Junction MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI & A) is seeking a Principal Software Engineer (RF) to join our team of talented engineers.
COVID 19 Update:
As a U.S. government contractor, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
Ft. Meade, MD
Telework Availability: N/A
- Twenty (20) years of experience as a Software Engineering on programs and contracts of similar scope type and complexity.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university. An additional four (4) years of software development experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Have the required five (5) years of SIGINT RF domain experience, and experience in digital signal processing using signals analysis tools
- Twenty (20) or more years of experience updating control, tasking and data distribution services for customer applications.
- Software Development
- Full Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) experience that includes eight (8) years or more of: & ZeroWidthSpace;
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modified existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints
- Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Serve as a technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitored their performance
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop data mining and data ingest processes for new data, and support integration with middle-tier and back-end APIs
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.