Electrical Power Design and Analysis Engineer – Level 5 Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Electrical Power Design and Analysis Engineer – Level 5 job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Electrical Engineering Core Group is seeking Electrical Power Design and Analysis Engineers – Level 5.
This position requires the candidate to work out of Oklahoma City, OK.
The engineer will be responsible for performing analyses to ensure safe and appropriate electrical power loading for various systems on a multitude of air and space platforms recognized around the world. The engineer will also provide electrical system power expertise to design and modification efforts of products being developed throughout Boeing. This position is for an experienced Electrical Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions, help grow and mentor the next generation of engineers, and guide the candidates’ career towards the submittal of a candidacy for a position in the Boeing Technical Fellowship.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate, test, and verify Electrical Power requirements with teammates, customers, and system architects through the development and sustainment of various Boeing systems
- Review supplier and partner qualification data to ensure compliance to Boeing and FAA electrical power requirements
- Perform Electrical Loads Analysis (ELA) on a multitude of platforms in accordance with MIL-E-7016
- Lead and coordinate work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications
- Solve problems concerning and provide other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
- Support project management by tracking and reporting project status, by generating bids and requirements, and by providing work statement, budget, and schedule
Other job responsibilities may include:
- Research specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs
- Model the power generation, storage, and dissipation behavior of the Electrical Power Subsystem under various mission scenarios
- Identify, track, and status technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements
- Conduct detailed trade studies and generate reports to communicate engineering recommendations
- Lead development of high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications
- Develop automated test equipment to support aircraft test requirements
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Must have 10 or more years of previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Must have 8 or more years of previous experience writing/verifying Electrical Power requirements on commercial and/or military aircraft
- Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time as required
- Must have experience using power measurement test and measurement instrumentation (such as power supplies, power meters, and analyzers)
- Must be familiar with Electrical Loads Analysis (ELA) concepts and MIL-E-7016
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- ABET accreditation is preferred
- Experience in the design, analysis, integration and verification of Electrical Power generation, distribution and/or regulation systems
- Knowledge and experience establishing, designing, and verifying Power Quality requirements and testing in accordance with MIL-STD-704
- Experience with power simulation tools
- Experience with software scripting / programming languages for office products, test equipment program and / or modeling tools
- Previous experience in Electrical Power Design and Analysis
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+11 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility and also a possible Sign-On bonus if qualified.
Oklahoma Tax Credit:
If you have an engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university in Oklahoma and are not currently working in the aerospace sector in Oklahoma, you may qualify for a $5000 tax credit from the state of Oklahoma for up to five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.