Career Aircraft Machinist Featured
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Job ID
Career Aircraft Machinist job at Boeing in New Orleans LA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity available in Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) on the Space Launch System (SLS) team for a Career Aircraft Machinist to support our operations in New Orleans, LA.
- Follows general instructions, reads and interprets complex blueprint drawings and specifications to set-up and machine items to fabricate out of sequence emergent production parts as required using manual and CNC machines.
- Develops and revises Machine Control Data (MCD) and geometry.
- Assists the team in resolving issues and completing job responsibilities.
- Instructs, directs and may setup equipment for lower graded employees.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This is a NASA safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, weekends
- Ability to operate material handling equipment
- Experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, electrical schematics, and reading and interpreting blueprints or drawings
- Able to use precision measuring instruments
- 5+ years of experience using manual machining equipment; mill, lathe machines, drill press etc.
- 5+ years of experience setting up fixtures, operating, and programming CNC machines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights with or without equipment assistance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work on uneven terrain
- Able to perform turning, forming, straight and angle drilling boring, thread chasing, facing, cutting reaming and precision grinding
- Experience leading/training other employees
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years related work, Bachelor, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift (This position may require candidate to work 2nd or 3rd shift after training)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.