High Fidelity Digital Twin HFDT Immersive Development First Line Leader Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
High Fidelity Digital Twin HFDT Immersive Development First Line Leader job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a First Line Software Manager to lead the High Fidelity Digital Twin & Virtualization Team. This position provides direct support of high fidelity digital twins which is a rapidly growing segment of the Boeing Company. The candidate selected will be expected to fill the role of manager, team leader, and mentor, while also providing technical leadership for activities related to implementing immersive development technologies. High fidelity digital twins support all aspects of product life cycle from concept to development to deployment.
To be successful in this position the candidate should have experience leading or managing software development teams. The optimal candidate can manage multiple programs activities while also working well with highly skilled engineers. Great communication skills, and a willingness to develop future technical leaders is also required. Experience with leading teams involved with game engines, embedded systems, networking, and virtualization is a plus.
The candidate should enjoy working collaboratively with others, have a commitment to customer satisfaction and process improvement, and be willing to work in a multi-program environment. The selected candidate will lead a team of local and remote software engineers to research and develop capabilities to meet Boeing and customer requirements. Day-to-day activities include but are not limited to engineering skill management and career development activities of high profile software development teammates. This position provides the opportunity to work on commercial and defense products and it will help define the future of digital twins at the Boeing Company.
- Develop, plan and manage internal budgets and projects supporting Boeings highly visible HFDT technologies.
- Deliver on program and investment portfolio activity commitments and work with the Sr Mgr to report progress to business partners across multiple Boeing business units.
- Work with the HFDT Sr Mgr and Senior Leadership to develop the Boeing HFDT strategy.
- Work with the Software Capability to establish resource pipelines that meet staffing needs.
- Handle talent management, including skill and career development of software engineers; tracking and coordination of employee development plans--team located at multiple geographic locations.
- Build positive working relationships with Business Units (BDS, BCA, BGS, etc...) and external customers.
- Oversee and contribute to proposal technical content.
- Work and collaborate with other technology domain leaders to build value and innovation.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.?
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Experience leading or managing software development teams
- 1+ years of agile software development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with game engines and VR development
- Experience in Verification and Validation testing
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Experience with driving process improvement
- Active security clearance
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.