Entry Level Software Engineer Featured
- Heath, Ohio
- Job ID
Entry Level Software Engineer job at Boeing in Heath OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are seeking multiple Entry Level Software Engineers to join The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team located in Heath, Ohio (35 minutes East of Columbus, Ohio).
These engineering positions will be responsible for design, development, test and sustainment of electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical products and test equipment/software in support of the U.S. Strategic Deterrence Systems (U.S. Air Force Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, U.S. Air Force & U.S. Navy Guidance Systems and other military programs). Other duties can include providing engineering support for product sent for repairs from a variety of military (U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy and foreign) customers. Engineering responsibilities include reviewing test data, directing repairs, developing process improvements, capturing process changes, and solving problems brought about with new workloads and part obsolescence. Close collaboration with program management, other functional engineering groups, operations and other functional counterparts is required.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day. Engineering careers are both challenging and fulfilling. Come build your career with Boeing!
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space, and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers, and for the world.
Boeing offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, flexible work schedules, paid parental leave, 401k matching, tuition assistance for earning advanced degrees, paid medical leave programs and much more. Visit https://jobs.boeing.com/Benefits to learn more.
Software Engineering Position Responsibilities:
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Gathers information to support software project management.
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics.
- Supports software research and development projects.
- Troubleshoots basic software issues.
- Works under close supervision.
This position allows telecommuting. (Hybrid) The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (Heath, Ohio)
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry by June 2022
- Experience supporting software projects and or developing software
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with engineering data acquisition and related software such as Lab View
- Experience with C or C++ real time software development or have you completed college level coursework in C or C++ programming in a real time environment
- Knowledgeable Software Development practices and processes
- Particularly Agile development methodologies
- Experience on a configuration management (CM) team and/or working closely with a configuration management (CM) team
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.(Heath, Ohio)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.