Senior Project Management Specialist Featured
- Palmdale, California
- Job ID
Senior Project Management Specialist job at Boeing in Palmdale CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is looking for a Senior Project Management Specialist based out of Palmdale, California.
- Leads others and directs all phases of assigned cross-organizational or business unit projects demonstrating proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g., PMI, Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK], ANSI, and ISO standards).
- Oversight, and management responsibility (including performance mgmt & reporting) for a portfolio of small to medium size projects in support of organizational the goals and objectives. Identifies key stakeholder project specific objectives and requirements.
- Ensures assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and providing appropriate tracking and reporting per plan.
- Provides in-depth analysis of project culminating with lessons learned and historical reports for incorporation into future project plans.
- Provides assessment of team performance to appropriate management.
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation.
- Provides in depth analysis; identify lessons learned, provide historical reports to incorporate into future project plans.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience with project management
- 3+ years of experience with developing and executing operating rhythms, integrated program schedules, project plans, and/or metrics.
- 3+ years of experience providing process improvements and integration strategies
- 3+ years of experience in developing and maintaining relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, and cross-functional teams
- 3+ years of experience with aircraft manufacturing fabrication and assembly processes and procedures
- 3+ years of experience manufacturing or test operations
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Active security clearance
- 3+ years of experience in site layouts including assembly areas and flight line
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
- Experience with Program Management Best Practices (PMBP)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years related work experience, 14 years related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.