Mid Level Data Scientist Featured
- Seattle, Washington
- Job ID
Mid Level Data Scientist job at Boeing in Seattle WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support
We are looking for an accomplished Data Scientist – Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Expert to support our Boeing Data Analytics organization. The organizational scope supports all Boeing enterprise functions and programs as well as corporate initiatives.
At Boeing, we are already making a difference across the industry using the latest and state of the art artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to deliver best in class product experience to our commercial and government customers. We are expanding and growing in all areas in the frontiers of the aerospace industry. We already have some of the best minds and talent in this field, and we’re looking for someone with applied experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (including Natural Language Processing, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Conversational A.I, and Computer Vision) to join our team.
Our data scientists work closely everyday with product managers, researchers, industrial and manufacturing engineers and software engineers to solve complex problems and create next generation solutions for our internal and external customers. The team works in tandem on some of the hardest problems at the intersection of technology and business. We bring new ideas to making future commercial and military airplanes, creating future space and autonomous systems, and making our operations world class. We also partner and collaborate with multiple universities and research institutions worldwide to keep abreast of advancements in the field.
You must have a passion for continuous learning, teaching and collaborating. You should have well-reasoned opinions on technical matters but recognize other ideas and opinions. Paramount to success in this role is the ability to define, build and deploy artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions. Additionally, working directly with customers and business leaders to scope problems, clearly communicate results, and address any concerns in terms that can be understood by non-technical community of stakeholders.
- Develop end-to-end artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions including data processing, feature & model development and production deployment with agility and scale.
- Partner with the enterprise business functions and collaborate across multiple teams including analytics, product management, and operations to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Have passion about working with large and complex unstructured and structured data sets.
- Conduct design, algorithm, and code reviews.
- Able to self-direct and succeed with minimal guidance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You should be able to work across functions and effectively present, recommend and communicate a position by demonstrating its value and tradeoffs.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- A technical bachelors degree with 5+ years, or MS/MA degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience, or a PhD degree with 1+ years of relevant work experience. A relevant degree is defined as one in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, mathematics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, physics or chemistry.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Python, Java, Scala, R.
- Industry work experience or academic research in applied Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning including deep learning.
- Work experience or relevant coursework in software engineering including work with databases (e.g., experience with SQL) and Linux systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Masters or PhD Degree preferred.
- Experience and expertise building and implementing state-of-the-art computer vision and/or natural language models and pipelines.
- 3+ years work experience or relevant coursework with machine learning related open-source libraries including, but not limited to: Pandas, SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano, etc. Python experience preferred.
- 1+ years work experience or relevant coursework training machine learning models in a cloud computing environment such as: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience, 9 years related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.