Mid Level Materials and Processes Electrical Engineer Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Mid Level Materials and Processes Electrical Engineer job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology (BR & T): Boeings global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future!
BR & T is looking for a Mid-Level Materials and Processes (M & P) Electrical Engineer(level 3) that provides support of Integrated Product Teams (IPT) serving a wide variety of aircraft programs at Boeing in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- The primary responsibilities of the successful applicant will be to provide general Materials and Processes Engineering guidance to lead the selection of materials, processes, and standard parts for electrical and electronics parts/assembly/installation design as a member of and in support of IPTs
- The successful candidate will provide input to the control of Electrical and Electronic Parts, Materials and Processes (EE PM & P) used in the design, fabrication and production of electrical/electronic boxes, assemblies and interconnect systems including fiber optics
- Select EE PM & P and review part/material usage within engineering documents and drawings and evaluate against contractual requirements
- Support the development and implementation of top-level program M & P control plans/schedules and review and approve plans from subcontractors and suppliers
- Support the reduction of hazardous materials while maintaining product reliability
- Work with manufacturing shops on processes and compliance of production to meet the program M & P requirements
- Answer questions and revise drawing notes as needed
- Review subcontractor documentation for M & P requirement compliance and work with suppliers as needed
- Develop and execute the Parts, Material and Processes management plans as required by contracts and Boeing procedures to promote standardization, reduce cost and to assure consistent application of technology
- Develop specifications of parts, materials and processes needed to build printed wiring boards, printed wiring assemblies, and Line Replaceable Units (LRUs)
- Identify verification methods to obtain objective evidence for customers
- Validate and document Parts, Materials and Processes meet the intended applications with guidance from subject matter experts
This position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at the listed location. On-site work will be at a minimum of 3 days per week.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years experience in Aerospace Engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical / electronic engineering or mechanical engineering
- Experience working with suppliers of electronic/wiring/interconnects
- Experience with Materials and Processes engineering in Aerospace industry
- Experience associated with the development, selection, and/or revision of parts, materials, and processes specifications used to make electronics and/or support of interconnect systems
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.