Senior Service Technician Featured
- Ogden, Utah
- Job ID
Senior Service Technician job at Boeing in Ogden UT
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team is seeking a Senior Service Technician located in Ogden, UT.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Lead teams to conduct testing research on complex technical, maintenance, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer
- Review complex problems for potential safety issues
- Develop processes on complex multi discipline systems for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment
- Communicate design and testing operational issues and concerns with Engineering
- Participate in complex accident or disabled product on-site surveys or investigations
- Adapt existing test procedures, oversees execution of test procedures and coordinates resolution of test anomalies to return products to operational status
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience with test equipment including RF (radio frequency) sources, power meters, and spectrum analyzers
- 3+ years of experience in interfacing with customers to resolve complex technical issues
- Experience in leadership either formally or informally leading teams in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to travel 25% of the time (approximately once a month)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Have or have held an active U.S. Security Clearance in the past 24 months
- Technical certificate, associate’s degree or higher in electrical or electronics engineering and at least six (6) years of related work experience OR at least eight (8) years of related work experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 6 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+4 years related work experience, 8 years related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift. Travel up to 25% is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.