Electromagnetic Effects Certified TEMPEST Professional Level II Design and Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Electromagnetic Effects Certified TEMPEST Professional Level II Design and job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Electrical Engineering Core Group is seeking Electromagnetic Effects Certified TEMPEST Professional Level II (CTP-II) Engineers – Level 6.
Candidates have the option of working out of Oklahoma City, OK, Saint Louis, MO, El Segundo, CA, Philadelphia, PA, Houston, TX, Huntsville, AL, or Mesa, AZ.
The engineer will be responsible for developing procedures, plans, and the execution of various TEMPEST activities for various systems on a multitude of air and space platforms recognized around the world. The engineer will also support the EMI/EMC qualification of products being developed throughout Boeing. ?This position is for an experienced Electrical Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions, help grow and mentor the next generation of engineers, and guide the candidates’ career towards the submittal of a candidacy for a position in the Boeing Technical Fellowship.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate, test, and verify TEMPEST requirements with teammates, customers, and system architects through the development and sustainment of various Boeing systems
- Develop and mentor teammates through the development of TEMPEST Control Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports
- Lead TEMPEST analyses and implement mitigation mechanisms to assure compatibility and TEMPEST security of all physical, functional, and system interfaces
- Lead the evaluation of design drawings to verify and correct system design to TEMPEST standards
- Lead TEMPEST testing of hardware and software systems in both lab and on-aircraft environments to verify adherence to TEMPEST standards
- Support project management by tracking and reporting project status, by generating bids and requirements, and by providing work statement, budget, and schedule
Other job responsibilities may include:
- Review supplier and partner qualification data for Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Develop and validate electromagnetic requirements for electricalelectronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures
- Perform EMI/EMC, Nuclear Hardening, HIRF/Lightning, RF COSITE, and Antenna Coupling analyses and test
- Develop and implement Test Automation for aircraft modifications
- Apply EMI engineering technology experience to document and solve complex problems
- Perform trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analyses to predict component, interconnects, and system performance and to optimize design
- Apply conversion, correction, and antenna factors to EMI/EMC analyses and test
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Must have 16 or more years of previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Must possess a current Certified TEMPEST Professional – Level I or Level II certification
- CTP-II certification must have been valid within 2 years prior to the date of application for this position
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of TEMPEST experience after receiving CTP-II certification
- Must have been active in TEMPEST testing in the last 3 years and submitted TEMPEST reports for approval
- Must have familiarity with NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92 and CNSSAM TEMPEST/01-02 specifications
- Must have at least 12 years of additional MIL-STD-461/464 and/or DO-160 EMI/EMC experience
- Must have experience using RF test and measurement instrumentation (such as receivers, antennas, analyzers, and oscilloscopes)
- Must be familiar with the Electromagnetic concepts (such as RF isolation, shielding, grounding, and filtering)
- Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time as required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- An ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a Master’s/PhD in electrical engineering is preferred
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- International Association for Radio, Telecommunications and Electromagnetics (iNARTE) Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer Certification
- Knowledge of digital signal processing
- Knowledge of RF grounding and shielding principles
- Hands-on experience with MatLab
- Familiarity with Software tools: LTSpice, System Vision, PSPICE, MathCAD, AutoCAD, and Mentor DX Designer and Expedition
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electromagnetic Effects
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+15 years related work experience, Master+18 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility and also a possible Sign-On bonus if qualified.
Oklahoma Tax Credit:
If you have an engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university in Oklahoma and are not currently working in the aerospace sector in Oklahoma, you may qualify for a $5000 tax credit from the state of Oklahoma for up to five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.