F/A 18 Associate Software Test Engineer Featured
- St Louis, Missouri
- Job ID
FA 18 Associate Software Test Engineer job at Boeing in St Louis MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries.
Tapestry Solutions Boeing Global Services BGS is seeking an Associate Software Test Engineer in St. Louis, MO.
This role will join the Independent Test Team (ITT) of the F/A-18 Mission Planning Organization to ensure the delivery of quality products to the USN. The role will also be an integral part of the migration to the next generation mission planning system over the next five years. Specifically, the introduction of automated testing.
- Tests F/A-18 mission planning products in the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) environment and performs troubleshooting of defects
- Generates simple test plans or aspects of more complex plans. Interfaces with internal contacts, to formulate basic test approaches
- Develops simple test procedures and environment specifications needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan
- Performs test and collects data, following established test procedures. Documents anomalies in the program’s problem tracking system (JIRA). Provides input to lessons learned and performance metrics to improve future testing. Archives data and reports as required
- Supports development of software test reporting artifacts. Participates in evaluation of test performance data. Collects the test data and provides recommended testing approach. Prepares for next test activities or events based on results
- Collaborates with the software engineering staff on defects detected
- Prepares updates to Software User Manuals as new capabilities are implemented in the F/A-18 mission planning products
- May develop automated test procedures and environment specifications.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience in software test procedure development, test execution, and test reporting
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience with Scaled Agile Framework enterprise (SAFe) or Agile in general
- 1+ years of experience working with testing tools and automated testing capabilities
- 1+ years of experience with Mission Planning
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as ClearCase/ClearQuest or Jira
Typical Education/ Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 2 or more years experience or a Masters degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is first-shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.