Experienced Versatile Technologist Featured
- Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Experienced Versatile Technologist job at Boeing in Ridley Park PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for highly motivated forward-thinking ExperiencedVersatile Technologist to join our Ridley Park, PA team! In this role you will support both in classified and unclassified areas.
In this very unique and exciting role, you will be required to support installation, set-up and operational support with varying operating systems and hardware interfaces. You must have an advanced understanding of IT concepts and the ability to think independently and create solutions with non-standard equipment. Duties will include working within and supporting proprietary areas.
- Analyzes computing requirements.
- Leads a multidiscipline range of technical systems and application activities.
- Leads activities to install, configure and maintain multiplatform systems hardware, software and components.
- Leads activities to plan, develop, design, integrate and maintain all computer applications.
- Plans and coordinates highly complex software and hardware for enterprise release.
- Ensures systems conforms with architectural objectives.
- Evaluates complex systems production readiness and supportability.
- Performs the restoration of complex computing service operations.
- Performs complex system problem identification and resolution.
- Leads activities to integrate security solutions into information systems.
- Leads teams and multiple projects simultaneously to achieve organizational goals
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Experience in leading diverse teams and projects
- Highly experienced in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and administering Windows Server and Desktop Systems
- 5+ years Hardware installation and troubleshooting experience
- Familiarity with a VMware virtual network environment.
- Experience with Linux
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with System Backups, Network switch configuration,
- Experience with PowerShell and scripts to automate deployment and integration of hardware and operating systems
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Familiarity with maintaining/configuring Active Directory to include applying domain group policies
- Experience with a broad range of basic systems and application support
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master +3 years related work experience, 7 years related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.