Experienced Real Time Software Engineer Featured
- Huntington Beach, California
- Job ID
Experienced Real Time Software Engineer job at Boeing in Huntington Beach CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology (BR & T): Boeings global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! #TheFutureIsBuiltHere #ChangeTheWorld
This position is part of the EO/IR Mission Systems team within BR & T. The focus of this team is to provide next-generation capabilities to Boeing and its customers through the development of cutting edge sensor systems, and the key technologies that enable those systems. Systems range from airborne EO/IR systems to space payloads. The team is focused on providing complete solutions, including systems engineering, optics design, algorithms, software development, firmware development, and electronics. As part of BR & T, the primary focus is on prototype systems and demonstrations, so we’re looking for people who like to try new things, and aren’t afraid of a challenge!
We are seeking experienced real-time software engineers in Huntington Beach, CA. Engineers will lead activities to develop, document and maintain complex architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems for advanced sensing applications. Candidates should have experience developing real-time software systems and architectures.
- Develop, document and maintain complex architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Leads software research and development projects
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience designing and developing software for a real time system
- Experience with Software Testing or Software Verification
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience developing Internal Research and Development (IRAD) projects
- Experience writing software for real-time digital signals processing for aerospace and defense applications
- Experience working with technical teams either as an Integrated Project Team (IPT) lead or technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) on System Engineering or Electrical Engineering applications
- Experience managing supplier relationships, strategic partnerships and supplier performance
- Experience with embedded software design, development, debugging, and performing software integration and test
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.