Senior Quality Engineer Phantom Works Featured
- Kent, Washington
- Job ID
Senior Quality Engineer Phantom Works job at Boeing in Kent WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer supporting Phantom Works in Kent, WA.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Leads integration of contractual and Boeing Quality Management System requirements into all aspects of proposals and program processes and documentation.
- Provides interpretation of complex requirements.
- Develops quality metrics, design and production certification plans for large programs to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements.
- Develops Quality criteria to support supplier selection activities.
- Leads various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs.
- Develops and selects methods for analysis, testing and audit to ensure manufacturing and test readiness.
- Assists in development of new standards repairs for non-conformances.
- Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Develops and implements corrective actions.
- Performs benchmarking and other forms of advanced analysis to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working with AS9100 and/or similar QMS standard
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in a Software Quality role
- 5+ years of experience in Supplier Quality processes
- Experience in working with classified technologies and programs
- Experience with new development programs
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is governed by the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace (SPEEA) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.