Expert Project Engineer – UK E 7 6C1LI4 6A3 Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Expert Project Engineer – UK E 7 6C1LI4 6A3 job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has a great opportunity for a Expert Project Engineer (level 4) to support UK E-7 in Oklahoma City, OK.
Aircraft Modernization and Modification (AMM), headquartered in Oklahoma City, provides high-quality, affordable aircraft engineering solutions and support to its military, commercial, and heads of state aircraft customers throughout the United States and around the world. The division’s highly-skilled employees specialize in the modernization and modification of aircraft to extend platform life and maintain mission readiness and aircraft relevance.
Aircraft platforms supported include the entire US Bombers program (B-1, B-2, B-51, ALCM and CALCM), as well as the Mobility and Surveillance Division, which includes US and International AWACS, International AEW & C, International Head of State, and the Executive Transport fleet.
In this position, you will be supporting the United Kingdom offering of the International AEW & C surveillance aircraft. You will help support and develop this organization as this new platform is delivered and maintained, as well as future modifications to enhance capabilities and maintain readiness.
- Provides the Engineering leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers.
- Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research and development, ongoing and new business requirements.
- Works with customers and management to obtain approval.
- Responds to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Leads project execution to complete the work statement.
- Identifies performance metrics.
- Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program.
- Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity.
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
- Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Typically will perform 1-4 days on site; pending business needs.
Travel may be required up to 25% of the time; Domestically and/or Internationally depending on business needs.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Oklahoma Engineering Tax Credit
If you have an engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university and are not currently working in the aerospace sector in Oklahoma, you may qualify for a $5000 tax credit from the state of Oklahoma for up to five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry
- 1+ years of experience working with cross functional teams
- Demonstrates critical thinking, verbal, and written communication skills
- 1+ years of experience developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- 3 or more years of experience leading a team or a project
- 3 or more years of experience in engineering project planning or project management
- 1 or more years of experience with aerospace systems engineering
- Experience in all stages of development including generating technical documentation, system design and development, integration of systems development, structured analysis and design methodologies, integration and test/verification
- Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.