Senior Process Engineer Production Services Hot
- Merritt Island, Florida
- Job ID
Senior Process Engineer Production Services job at Blue Origin Florida in Merritt Island FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
We are a diverse team of collaborators doers and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origins vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of technicians engineers and scientists you will provide production service process support for various shops labs work centers and sites. You will share in the teams impact on all aspects of research development and production activities. You will gather customer requirements market survey potential solutions make recommendations for make/buy decisions execute procurements document process and procedure train personnel and transition capabilities to end users for operations and maintenance. You will manage cost schedule and technical performance. You will own processes related to 5S and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) monitoring across manufacturing and test facilities.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise leadership skills and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Possess a deep understanding of typical aerospace manufacturing test and quality processes
- Safely work with and around systems containing chemicals heat high pressure electrical and/or mechanical hazards
- Demonstrate strict attention to detail in executing work
- Own and manage the 5S and FOD program for manufacturing and test operations
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to define requirements for production services
- Deliver new processes to expand production services capabilities and improve responsiveness
- Develop and standardize processes procedures methods training material and related documentation for production services
- Summarize document and communicate status and outcomes to stakeholders
- Requires a bachelors degree in engineering with 15+ years of experience. Non engineering degrees can be substituted for 20+ years of direct aerospace process experience.
- Ability to support shift work and weekends as needed.
- Ability to earn trust maintain positive and professional relationships and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder) or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience independently managing projects and tasks with limited oversight
- Experienced managing FOD and 5S programs
- Experienced interfacing with all levels of personnel and presenting detailed status and outcomes to senior leadership
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation benefits 401K and relocation.
Blue Origin is anequal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blues principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability or other protected status such as race religion color national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Blue Origin Florida Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.