- Sheridan, Wyoming
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
COO job at Bighorn Airways in Sheridan WY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Under the direction of the President and Vice President of BHA, the Chief Operating Officer will oversee BHA’s business operations. Heavy emphasis will be placed on the sustainable/responsible growth of the company. The COO will ensure the company has effective operational and financial procedures in place. In addition, the COO will optimize BHA’s operating capabilities and employ strategies to maximize customer satisfaction.
This leader will have unique experience and talent for developing strategy and implementing improvements across the business.
The COO will also lead project management of business operations, which is focused on creating new avenues of business for BHA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Spearhead strategies to steer BHA’s future in a positive direction.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Oversee daily operation of the company and the work executives.
- Drive BHA’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and company goals.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Understand FAA processes
- Participate in expansion activities.
- Manage relationships with customers/vendors.
- Must possess excellent business awareness and have sound understanding of business strategies.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Motivated, results-driven team-builder with track history of successfully leading through multiple stages of growth and change.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS office.
- 5 years’ experience as COO (or equivalent) in the aviation industry.
- 5 years management experience in a company with DOI, DOA and DOD contracts.
Bighorn Airways is a diverse aviation company which includes operating a fleet of aircraft on US government contracts for smoke jumping and para cargo operations in Alaska and the lower 48. BHA also conducts agricultural operations, charter, and helicopter ops, and is a DOD approved air carrier. Bighorn Airways has been a leader in the aviation community in Wyoming and the Inter-mountain West for over 50 years.
What we offer:
Bighorn Airways offers excellent pay, comprehensive health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, as well as supplemental insurance, paid vacation, and holidays. We also value our employees and reward dedication, providing a career path for those with the knowledge and desire to push themselves and improve our operations.
Our location in Sheridan, WY provides a high quality of life, great schools, and no state income tax. Located at the base of the Bighorn Mountains, there are countless options for those who enjoy outdoor recreation. Sheridan also has a surprising number of cultural options for a town of its size, including stage productions, concerts, festivals, museums, and even polo. One week each July the town is taken over by the WYO rodeo, with a variety of activities, parades and nightly rodeo performances. There are also numerous sports and activities for both children and adults, including soccer and ice hockey leagues, and summer programs for kids. Close-by communities where some of Bighorn employees live include Dayton, Ranchester, Parkman, Big Horn, Story, and Buffalo. All offer small-town living and have their own list of activities each year. The larger cities of Billings and Casper are each 2 hours away.
Bighorn Airways, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Bighorn Airways Company Overview
Bighorn Airways is always looking for quality employees. Bighorn Airways, Inc. is a diversified aviation services business headquartered in Sheridan, WY. Bighorn Airways has been in business at our current location for over fifty years. Bighorn Airways provides a variety of aviation services including on-demand aircraft and helicopter charter, aerial spraying, fuel service, maintenance, avionics service, and contract services. Bighorn Airways, Inc. specializes in special mission aircraft and operations. For over 25 years we have been performing challenging missions in harsh environments all across the North American continent. Bighorn Airways, Inc. has a very distinct operations and management philosophy that sets us apart with our customers. We are focused on mission performance, reliability and customer satisfaction. We will go above and beyond to make sure our customers are getting safe and reliable aviation solutions. Our commitment to this standard shows in our continuous reinvestment in our aircraft fleet and training our flight crews and technical personnel to the highest standards.