Aerospace Buyer Featured
- Bethel, Connecticut
- Job ID
Aerospace Buyer job at Bartech Group in Bethel CT
Description, duties, responsibilities
If you are an experienced Aerospace Buyer looking for a position with a leading company Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Aerospace Buyer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company we want to talk with you!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.For this opportunity the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client.
Your specific duties as a Aerospace Buyer will include:
- Compensation (Range): /34-36 hour
- This individual will be part of the procurement team.
- Commodities may include electrical components machining connectors sub-assemblies capital expenditures and fasteners totaling $5M in annual spend.
- Develop and foster true business partnership with suppliers.
- Develop and execute plans to exceed key supplier goals (OTD Cost Out DPPM Best Cost Country [BCC]).
- Lead resourcing of $5M annual spend to optimize material cost out and supplier performance by leveraging BCC and other domestic preferred suppliers.
- Analyze specifications to recommend sourcing in make/buy decisions and cost-price considerations
- Support supplier and plant quality relationships to ensure quality corrective actions are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Support Supplier Consolidations in alignment with company preferred suppliers.
- Partner with Shared Services Team to ensure continuity to material flow in support of customer OTD and inventory mitigation by acting to RFQ triggers and action (expedite de-expedite cancel) messages in real time.
- Continued expansion of consignment initiatives and support of supplier visualization portal that conveys real time materials requirements to supply base.
- Partner with commodity managers and regional sourcing managers to drive BCC transition plan while mitigating disruption risk from existing footprint. Also support several supplier transitions at the Bethel site.
As a Aerospace Buyer you must represent our company well by being responsible punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Supply Chain function required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience using an ERP/MRP system.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with the procurement of electronics metals and machined components
- Aerospace experience
- 5+ years buying experience
- Advanced Excel skills
As a Aerospace Buyer with Bartech you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal responsive attention and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client the assignment and your performance you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation including benefits.
Available benefits for Aerospace Buyer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical dental and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Bartech Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.