Senior Project Engineer Spacecraft Engineering Featured
- Highlands Ranch, Colorado
- Job ID
Senior Project Engineer Spacecraft Engineering job at Ball Aerospace in Highlands Ranch CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Company: Ball Aerospace
Boulder CO US 80301
Date: Mar 31 2021
Job Category: Engineering/ Technical
Req. ID: 3291
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions enable more accurate weather forecasts drive insightful observations of our planet deliver actionable data and intelligence and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn Facebook Twitter or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers missions. Our collaborative cross-functional teams are committed to innovation integrity continual learning and strong execution.
What You ll Do
- Rapidly generate spacecraft design concepts in response to internal and external customer inquiries (RFIs). Engage with subsystem SMEs as needed to complete concepts.
- Produce typical RFI response artifacts including technical writeups/descriptions; heritage assessments; functional block diagrams; performance budgets (power mass propellant control/knowledge and link); CAD renderings of concept.
- Generate ROMs for spacecraft efforts for CST CAST and ND business units adapting the BCP standard product offering to each mission need/customer terrain.
- Present/support presentation of concepts to customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You ll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree i.e. Masters Degree or Ph.D. may substitute for 2 years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university college or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education US Department of Education.
- Experience with CAD (preferably Solid Works) is strongly desired.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity rapidly changing requirements is important.
- Knowledge of spacecraft AI&T is desired to be able to write about it cost it and design for manufacturability.
- Work is performed in an office laboratory production floor clean room outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Future Clearance Required:
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $159000 - $200500 (Salary to be determined by the education experience knowledge skills and abilities of the applicant internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity national origin age protected veteran status or disability status.
Ball Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.