Technician I Harness Featured
- Broomfield, Colorado
- Job ID
Technician I Harness job at Ball in Broomfield CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions enable more accurate weather forecasts drive insightful observations of our planet deliver actionable data and intelligence and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information visit-- --or connect with us on --or .
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain manufacturing and test operations facilities management and information technology services.
Technician I - Harness
What Youll Do:
- Fabricate highly reliable aerospace harnesses for Flight and non-Flight applications.
- Execute standards practices and procedures to meet product / program requirements.
- Execute soldering crimping shield terminations encapsulation and complex harness repair operations as needed.
- Provide additional support to PWB assembly as needed including but not limited to hand soldering of electronic components and assistance with automated assembly equipment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department the Strategic Business Units Strategic Support Units and the Company. --Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree.
- Each higher-level related degree i.e. Bachelors or Masters may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university college or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education US Department of Education.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings schematics and complex assembly instructions in order to fabricate harnesses.
- Competencies in soldering crimping shield termination as well as complex cable rework / repair operations. Ability to perform operations on very small wire gauges under a microscope.
- Ability to use handheld testing equipment (ex. DMM) to verify harness construction.
- Experience with connector care mating de-mating cleaning identification and inspection .
- Must be able to obtain or be currently certified to: Workmanship Requirements for Electronics and Cable Assemblies in accordance with IPC J-STD-001 IPC J-STD-001 Space Addendum-- IPC/WHMA-A-620 and NASA-STD-8739.4; Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) in accordance with ANSI S20.20; and Polymerics use and application.
- Aerospace clean room and flow bench and experience working with critical Flight hardware preferred.
- Willingness to cross-train with other tasks across the organization.
- Ability to work complex processes efficiently with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a lab/production environment majority of the time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office (including Excel Outlook and Word).
- Work is performed in an office environment laboratory cleanroom or production floor.--
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not--available.
Compensation and Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $18.51--- $24.52--(Salary to be determined by the education experience knowledge skills and abilities of the applicant internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.-- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity national origin age protected veteran status or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Ball Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.