Campus Technology Assistant Urgent
- Houston, Texas
- Job ID
Campus Technology Assistant job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Houston TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
This is an Entry Level Position
Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) - Our Company commenced operations in 1969 and the first aviation maintenance campus opened in 1992 in Norfolk, VA. All AIM schools are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration. Over the past 25 years, this group of schools has expanded to eleven campuses throughout the country in locations such as: Las Vegas, Nevada; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Kansas City, Missouri; Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana, and the metro areas of San Francisco, California; Orlando, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; Washington, DC; and Virginia Beach, Virginia, where our corporate offices are also located.
At Aviation Institute of Maintenance we are always looking for qualified and experienced individuals and currently have an opening for a Campus Technology Assistant at our Houston, TX campus located across Hobby Airport.
This position has responsibility of supporting campus computing and telecommunication network operations and processes. This position is responsible for supporting personal computers, peripherals equipment, networks, communications equipment and providing support for users’ software/hardware needs. Also serves as primary test proctor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in field technical support; strong background in PC/Network troubleshooting
- Desktop support troubleshooting MS Office, Network Printers, Email, and various user applications
- Experience with Windows, SharePoint, Office
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent preferred
- CompTIA Network + certification or equivalent highly desired
- Ability to manage time efficiently to ensure prompt and accurate resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to respond clearly to questions
- Strong problem resolution skills to identify and resolve requests in a timely manner
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality and efficiency
- Desire and ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Strong organizational skills
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install and perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication and computer network systems.
- Assemble, install configure and test computer equipment or units of local area networks requiring use of standard interface protocols.
- Maintain campus network per Corporate IT Policy and Procedures. Consult with corporate IT/IS representatives for maintenance, upgrade and troubleshooting of network and firewall.
- Develop and maintain software and hardware inventory and tracking systems; develop inventory lists and order, stock and store electronic components.
- Configures and set up servers to work with various programs; install software.
- Ensure server backups and networked user backups are performed on regular basis.
- Maintain Web Portal login information for students and faculty.
- Provide support to users related to both hardware and software problems on their personal computers.
- Manage Users within the campus network.
- Acts as primary FAA test proctor for all written examinations offered at campus testing center with all associated duties
- Maintain Web Portal login information for students and faculty
- Conduct Web Portal training for students and staff
- Primary contact for questions on Web Portal
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Prepare and submit vendor warranty claims, parts, and documentation associated with warranty repairs.
- Install and maintain cable of IT and communication systems. Perform moves, adds, deletes and other changes.
If you have the prior experience and meet the above qualifications, then call me at (713) 644-7777, and ask to speak to J. E. Butler. Telephone me first!
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.