- Camarillo, California
- Hourly $24.00 - $32.00
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Avex INC in Camarillo CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Avex is a world-renowned expert in the sales, operation, and maintenance of Daher TBM Aircraft. We maintain a large majority of the U.S. TBM fleet regarding inspections, major repairs, hot sections, state-of-the-art trend monitoring, RVSM, and in-house actuator repairs. AVEX is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for our consistently growing business and client base, with locations in Camarillo, CA (KCMA) and Broomfield, CO (KBJC).
We are seeking passionate, highly skilled professionals who thrive in a dynamic, technically challenging environment. At AVEX, you will have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your life. We strive to elevate our business through empowering our employees, because we believe our staff is the cornerstone of our success and essential to our long-term growth. If you want to take your career to new heights, get onboard with AVEX.
Avex A&P Mechanics performs services, repairs, and overhauls aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness. All our technicians receive factory training. Since we are solely dedicated to TBMs, we primarily work with Pratt & Whitney PT6 engines. The ideal candidate must possess exceptional customer service skills, a teamwork attitude, an eye for detail, and ability to collaborate with other service department.
- A&P License
- 3 years General Aviation Experience preferred
- Must live local or willing to relocate
- Willing to work overtime, including weekends as needed
- 3 years General Aviation Experience preferred
- Knowledge of borescope operation
- Experience with Turbo Prop on Part 91 aircraft (TBM, King Air, PC-12, or similar)
- Pratt & Whitney PT-6 engine experience
- I.A. license
- Test engine operation, using testing equipment
- Replaces or repairs worn or damaged components, such as, alternators, and magnetos, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment
- Removing engines from aircraft with the use of provided equipment Repairs or replaces defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and hydraulic systems, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills
- Reads and understand manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Familiar with tap texturing or composite surfaces/structures
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes
- Service engines and airframe components making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition
- Specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies
- Perform routine inspections to meet provided deadlines
- Troubleshoot and repair deficiencies
What We Offer: AVEX provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that propels your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. AVEX’s benefits provide the flexibility to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family:
- Medical and Dental plans
- Immediate PTO Accrual, up to 192 hours
- Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k Matching
- Training and Development
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Avex is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Avex is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Avex INC Company Overview
Avex is the largest and busiest Daher-authorized distributor in the world. We are a world-renowned boutique maintenance facility and experts in the sales, operation, and maintenance of Daher TBM Aircraft. At Avex, we recognize that our success is built on the success of our people. Our culture is to encourage personal growth for success. We work solely with Daher TBM series aircraft because we believe in the quality of the product. Its success is demonstrated by its 110-year-old existence, making it the world’s oldest aircraft manufacturer still in operation. Much like the products we work with, we hire people who value quality and longevity in the workplace. We are on a mission to hire people who strive for excellence. If you are looking to join a team driven by results, success, and opportunity, you’ve come to the right place.