Supervisor Road Feeder Operations Urgent
- Erlanger, Kentucky
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Supervisor Road Feeder Operations job at Atlas Air Inc in Erlanger KY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Summary: Serves the Company by investigating and providing ground transportation vendors for common carriage freight and COMAT movement to and from our Gateways. Also, assists in maintaining scheduled ground transportation networks for Marketing and Sales to assist in securing beyond gateway customers.
Values and Behavioral Standards: To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Monitor and manage existing Road feeder network for cost effectiveness and service.
- Work with Road feeder vendors to ensure pre-determined service levels are maintained.
- Review with local station management and staff to ensure all Polar beyond trucking needs are being met
- Check and approve all trucking vendor invoicing for accuracy prior to submission for payment.
- Liaise between Handling Vendor and Polar staff to ensure timely and accurate truck loading, unloading and departures.
- Liaise between trucking companies and Customer, Claims staff and local Polar staff to correct any service or cost issues.
- Ensure all Polar Cargo and tracking systems are updated accurately and timely
- Assist Import and export customers with shipment status information
- Assist in ULD tracking/Inventory Compliance by Station.
- Track and Recover offline pallets sent intact on PO/5Y RFS Network.
- Coordinate Pallet recovery and logistics from Gateways and offline points
- Work with Customer Service and Special Loads to determine and source oversized ULDs for PO Domestic export.
- International and domestic travel, as required.
- Must have a working knowledge of Rules, Regulations and restrictions regarding road carriage of freight in all applicable regions.
- Understanding of ULD types, configurations and additional equipment needed for ULD movements
- Knowledge of Import / Export US Customs requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.