Ground Operations Coordinator
- Purchase, New York
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Ground Operations Coordinator job at Atlas Air Inc in Purchase NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Summary: This position is responsible for assisting setting up and following up on all ground handling and service functions for both Atlas and Polar Air. These services consist of aircraft fuel operations, crew and passenger catering provisions, aircraft deicing services, passenger handling, and aircraft cabin services.
Values and Behavioral Standards: To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the initial set up for all charters to include: all phases of aircraft and ground handling, and catering
- Responsible for aircraft fuel operations and ensure supply world wide
- Responsible for supplier compliance with government regulations and company standards and policies
- Tracks and maintains a data base of all into-plane fuel agents, fuel farms, ground handling vendors, catering vendors, and aircraft de-icing vendors for Atlas and Polar world wide
- Coordinates interdepartmental ground services related activities
- Liaise between ground handlers and fuel suppliers, operations and accounting departments
- Responsible for research and completed suitabilities for airports to include maintaining Suitability data base.
- Responsible for Animal charters pre alerts (AVI Alert form) to downline stations.
- Responsible for vendor payment requirements at each station.
- Be a support to all other departments that are involved with the operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year airline experience
- Good management and negotiations skills
- Proficiency in IT systems including WORD, EXCEL, Microsoft Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to lead and work with interdepartmental teams
- Ability to multitask and coordinate time sensitive duties
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.