GSE Mechanic LCF
- Wichita, Kansas
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
GSE Mechanic LCF job at Atlas Air Inc in Wichita KS
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Summary: This position is responsible for performing daily maintenance, preventive, and preservation maintenance on all Ground Service equipment.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Comply with the Locations attendance/tardiness standards.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair ground equipment used in the support of operations in accordance with manufacturer’s schedules and industry standards with an overall goal of zero unscheduled downtime during operations.
- Perform routine service to equipment systems including fuel, cooling, lubrication, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor/loading, and related controls.
- Maintain all equipment with goal of zero corrosion (rust).
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems using test equipment, applicable manuals, and industry resources. Interface with OEM technicians for issues requiring OEM support.
- Schedule and perform repairs or component overhaul to maintain all equipment per OEM standards.
- Remove, test, and repair or replace components and accessories such as carburetors, fuel injection systems, governors, air and oil cleaners, ignition components, and safety sensors.
- Operate and test equipment for performance assessment.
- Replace bearings, bushings, shafts, end plates, brushes, springs, coils, armatures, push rods, valves, manifolds, tubing, hose, and wiring as required (as possible within limitations of local resources).
- Follow company and regulatory safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned including support of operations during aircraft movements.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
- One year related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.