- Purchase, New York
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Powerplant Engineer job at Atlas Air Inc in Purchase NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Title: Powerplant Engineer - B
Location: Purchase, NY
Department: Technical Operations
Reports To: Manager Powerplant Engineering
Position Summary: The Powerplant Engineer reports to the Manger, Powerplant Engineering, and is responsible for the engineering data, instructions, documents, and technical support that economically ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of Atlas Air aircraft Powerplant and APU systems within the following ATA’s – 24, 26, 30, 36, 49, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, and 80.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Prioritize Powerplant Engineering actions.
- Provide budgetary data on projects and issues as directed.
- Report on the status of projects and issues as directed.
- Issue instructions and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner.
- Develop and / or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications.
- Update technical source documents as applicable to insure accuracy.
- Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft.
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Powerplant Engineers.
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other notifications of in-service issues.
- Develop product improvement modifications as dictated by Reliability indicators.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the economic impact.
- Organize, develop and provide all necessary Powerplant Engineering documentation required to complete aircraft powerplant modifications and repairs within the allocated time schedule and budget allowance.
- Establish component repair and build specifications to enhance dispatch reliability in accordance with budgetary and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and other Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings personnel.
- Administer Engine Condition Monitoring Program for General Electric engines.
- Coordinate with other Engineering staff to provide 24/7 technical support.
- Review Powerplant portion of the Aircraft Maintenance and Inspection Program, and initiate maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance documents.
- B.S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree (ME or AE) or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years Aircraft Powerplant Engineering
- 5 years in applied engineering setting.
- Microsoft Office Suite of Programs
- Familiarity with aircraft engine systems and components.
- Experience with GE and Boeing performance programs
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of large powerplant systems and components design.
- Ability to identify cost effective engineering solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with manufacturers and regulatory agencies.
- Some financial analysis skills required.
- FAA Certified Airframe and Powerplant License
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.