15b Aircraft Powerplant Repairer Featured
- Warrensburg, Missouri
- Job ID
15b Aircraft Powerplant Repairer job at Army National Guard in Warrensburg MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
If youre looking for a career in the aircraft repair and maintenance field then join the Army National Guard and watch your future take flight. Your work will keep Army airplanes and helicopters in top shape to support training rescue humanitarian security or combat missions.
As an Aircraft Powerplant Repairer you will inspect service and repair turbine engines parts and electrical components on Army aircraft to ensure that they remain safe and ready to fly transport patrol and flight training missions.
• Maintain engine assemblies and engine systems
• Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions
• Perform limited maintenance operational checks
• Use and maintain common/special tools
• Prepare requests for turn-ins and repair parts
Some of the Skills Youll Learn
• Repair of hydraulic fuel and electrical systems
• Engine disassembly inspection and repair
• Repair of aluminum steel and fiberglass airframes/coverings
• Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
• Ability to use hand and power tools
• Working with engine mechanics
Through your training you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers commercial airlines and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Soldiers in the Aircraft Powerplant Repairer specialty consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training plus 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. During this time youll learn essential Soldiering skills and refine your aircraft repair abilities in the field and the classroom.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50000 for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Army National Guard Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.