Engineer Engineer Featured
- Ft Worth, Texas
- Job ID
Engineer Engineer job at American Airlines Group in Ft Worth TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Date: Jan 5 2021
Location: DFW Admin Bldg AFD (DFW-AFD1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 39630
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family and you ll travel the world grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey you ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why youll love this job
- This job is a member of the Engineering Team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for Engineering support on various aircraft structure/system/interior/avionics. Develops and substantiates repairs and dispositions for discrepancies on transport category aircraft. Troubleshoots and resolves operational issues on transport category aircraft.
What youll do
- Keeps informed of day-to-day airline operations involving field of responsibility
- Assesses daily priorities in accordance with airline/departmental objectives and management directives
- Investigates aircraft/component problems which may cause aircraft delays or cancellations substantial expenditures in manpower or materials or interruptions in maintenance operations and determines appropriate corrective actions
- Provides Engineering support as required for disposition of discrepant conditions affecting aircraft or components in order to restore serviceable status
- Responds to requests from Maintenance and other airline departments when technical assistance is required to support projects or resolve problems
- Develops action plans for fleet/multi-fleet and/or component engineering projects and pursues final dispositions according to assessed priorities
- Coordinates with other airline departments as required to provide for effective and efficient implementation of engineering dispositions
- Prepares Engineering documents to implement technical dispositions by providing customized procedures for repairs modifications inspections or other maintenance actions which provide benefits in accordance with airline/departmental objectives and management directives
- Maintains knowledge of current and pending regulations which affect areas of responsibility and ensures that all Engineering actions maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Utilizes available resources to continually increase levels of technical expertise and practical experience
- May work irregular hours and shift schedules; may travel
Please see Engineer L2 essential job functions. This position additionally performs the following:
- Coordinates with manufacturers and regulatory authorities as required and ensures that Engineering dispositions are properly substantiated in accordance with applicable regulations and Company manuals
- Develops customized procedures and special criteria for repairs modifications inspections servicing and other maintenance actions which are not adequately addressed in existing manuals
- Strives to improve communications skills time management and other personal qualities pertinent to maximum effectiveness and efficiency in performing assigned duties
All youll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education and Prior Job Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related Engineering degree
Preferred Qualifications- Education and Prior Job Experience
- 3 years working history as an engineer with airframe/system or related experience
- Knowledge of CFRs maintenance programs SM AMM IPC FIM and CMM
Skills Licenses and Certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word Excel Outlook etc.
- Excellent analytical technical writing problem solving communication planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined in their work ethics
What youll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one you ll have access to your health dental prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that s just the start we also offer virtual doctor visits flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself that s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and depending on the workgroup employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program pet insurance and discounts on hotels cars cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers suppliers communities and shareholders helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 39630
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Engineer Technical Writer Engineering Technology Aviation
- Start apply with LinkedIn
- Apply Now
Find similar jobs:
Technology Jobs in Fort Worth Technology Jobs in Dallas Technical Operations and Maintenance Engineering Jobs in Fort Worth Engineering Jobs in Dallas
- View All Jobs
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Accessibility Policy
- EEO - Affirmative Action Policy
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race color religion national origin gender sexual orientation gender identity age disability marital status citizenship status military status protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. American Airlines Inc fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history. 2019 American Airlines
American Airlines Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.