Luh72 Aircraft Mechanic I Featured
- Ft Polk, Louisiana
- Job ID
Luh72 Aircraft Mechanic I job at Amentum in Ft Polk LA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Aircraft Mechanic I troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft structure landing gear flight surfaces and controls anti-icing pneudraulic engines auxiliary power unit and ventilation and heating systems.
(Typical duties include the following although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Repairs replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures such as wings and fuselage and functional components including rigging surface controls and plumbing and hydraulic units using hand tools power tools machines and equipment such as shears sheet metal brake welding equipment rivet gun and drills.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers and airlines maintenance manuals service bulletins technical data engineering data and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Performs 100-hour progressive isochronal phase periodic and other hourly or calendar inspections examines reciprocating engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks and listens to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions such as sticking or burnt valves inspects jet engines and components for cracks corrosion foreign object damage burned areas distortions security warping wear and missing segments.
- Inspects jet engine turbine blades to detect cracks distortion corrosion burn-out security or breaks tests engine operation using testing equipment such as ignition analyzer compression checker distributor timer ammeter and jet calibration (Jetcal) tester to locate source of malfunction.
- Work involves: replacing or repairing worn or damaged components such as carburetors alternators magnetos fuel controls fuel pumps oil pumps and engine mounted gearboxes and compressor bleed valves using hand tools gauges and testing equipment; removing engine from aircraft using hoist or forklift truck disassembling and inspecting parts for wear cracks security or other defects and repairing or replacing defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
- Adjusts repairs or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories performs preflight thru-flight and post-flight maintenance inspections performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft including flushing crankcase cleaning screens and filters greasing moving parts and checking brakes.
- Supervises the jacking and towing of aircraft enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily may service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs short of overhaul required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition may specialize in work repair and modification of structural precision and functional spare parts and assemblies and may specialize in engine repair. This worker may be required to be licensed by Federal Aviation Administration.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting repair procedures and replacement of parts.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment torque wrenches dial indicators micrometers sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Working knowledge of aircraft sub-systems including maintenance parameters systems operation limitations and technical orders.
- Ability to read and interpret data is required.
- Ability to use hand tools power tools machines and equipment such as shears sheet metal brake welding equipment rivet gun and drills.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts vehicles or aircraft.
- Some domestic travel may be required.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Valid A&P License is required.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Two (2) or more year s actual and recent experience in the repair modification maintenance and overhaul of aircraft preferred.
- Previous experience working with the flight characteristics of the aircraft being serviced preferred.
Amentum Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.