LAX Ramp Supervisor Featured
- Los Angeles, California
- Hourly $20.99
- Job ID
LAX Ramp Supervisor job at Airport Terminal Services in Los Angeles CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you an experienced team leader who inspires others to excellence?
Do you enjoy working outdoors, and being active in a fast-paced, safety-obsessed environment?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career?
Then a career at ATS as a Ramp Supervisor is the job for you!
As an ATS Ramp Supervisoryou will:
- Supervise crews while directing the work of Crew Chiefs and Ramp team members as they unload and load luggage, freight, and cargo, as well as service aircraft
- Create and manage ramp manpower to ensure adequate staffing
- Coach, mentor, and counsel ramp team members to work together by encouraging them to build trust, respect, and cooperation
- Serve as point person for customers and management.
- Manage changes to minimize irregular operations that may cause delays or otherwise impact the shift
- Observe and enforce all ATS and Airline safety regulations as well as company policies to ensure a safe and efficient work environment for your team, the customers, and their aircraft
- Assure that all GSE maintenance procedures are assigned and completed on each shift
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous materials identification labels, aircraft loading manifest and log flight information for billing purposes
- Assist with all ramp team duties (safety walks, baggage/cargo handling, aircraft servicing, safely operating GSE around aircraft, etc.) as needed.
To be an ATS Ramp Supervisoryou must:
- Have a minimum of one year’s progressive aviation ground handling experience.
- Demonstrate familiarity with GSE maintenance procedures
- Be at least 18 years of age, and possess a High school diploma, GED or work experience equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Be able to pass a drug screen and obtain airport security clearance which includes a 10-year extensive employment, criminal record and residence background check
As an ATS Ramp Supervisoryou must be able to:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to interact professionally with team members and station leadership
- Lift 70 pounds or more on a regular basis
- Carry heavy items up and down stairs
- Climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Work outside in all types of weather, around jet and machinery noises.
Ideal candidates will have at least one year of ramp agent experience and previous leadership or supervisory experience.
Airlines are 24/7 so we need our ATS Ramp Supervisors to be flexible to work various shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. The successful ATS agent brings their “A” game every day with energy and enthusiasm, respect for their team, and the highest regard for safety!
ATS employees should apply through Ultipro | M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Apply directly at https://rn22.ultipro.com/AIR1007/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=2826
Airport Terminal Services Company Overview
Airport Terminal Services (ATS) is an international ground handler that supports the airline industry. We are committed to delivering the aviation community quality services by maintaining the highest level of safety and supplying efficient, effective staff.