- Bartow, Florida
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Aircraft Engineering Inc in Bartow FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain and service aircraft. Including Annual, 100 Hour, and 50 Hour inspections on General Aviation aircraft.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects. Assemble and install various aircraft parts, including engines, propellers, etc.
- Inspect areas of aircraft, identify any problems or defects, and communicate possible solutions.
- Read dials/gauges, identify small objects and use hand tools to perform various duties.
- Operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc. to perform various duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment and random substance abuse testing.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Attention to Detail: Pay attention to repairs and modifications as necessary. Inspect, test, repair, maintain and service aircraft.
- Mechanical Skills: Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects. Assemble and install various aircraft parts, including engines, propellers, etc.
- Tools required: Must have tools and be able to use hand tools, gauges and various aircraft testing equipment.
- Technical Skills: Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals, interpret schematics, and have knowledge/use of electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.
- Physical Requirements: Will be dealing with accessibly challenging spaces and work in various weather conditions. Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day. Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands. Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Inspect areas of aircraft, identify problems, and communicate possible solutions.