Quality Engineer Featured
- Broomfield, Colorado
- Job ID
Quality Engineer job at Aircell in Broomfield CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Gogo Business Aviation Quality Engineer is a key link in the quality of our operations and in turn the quality of our product. You will be a key contributor to our overall customer satisfaction and to the company profitability. The right candidate understands data analytic techniques has an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and can be innovative and collaborative in their approach to problem solving.
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION QUALITY TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Work with manufacturing supply chain engineering customer support and program management to resolve relevant quality-related issues raised by customers.
- Prepare and deliver all necessary quality reports as required by customers.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality. Serves as principal customer interface with respect to quality issues.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing Test Engineering and Development teams on product yield and reliability performance roadmaps during the product development cycle.
- Assist with conducting First Article Inspections Supplier and Conformity Inspections.
- Develop process improvement plans using a variety of Quality and Continuous Process Improvement tools including but not limited to Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing 5S SPC engineering studies DOE Gauge R&R etc. to enhance overall quality.
- Support quality owned MRB timely material management and non-conformance report closure.
- Support Configuration Control Board (CCB) by reviewing engineering changes understanding functional impact of changes and issuing change requests as required.
- Ensure product conforms to drawing specification regulatory and quality standards.
- Support the Quality Management System by ensuring documentation/records and related processes are adhered to and maintained.
- Participate in ISO 9001/AS9100 FAA Customer and Internal audits supporting corrective action resolution as required.
- Bachelors degree in a Technical discipline or an Associates degree in a Technical discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant quality experience (Aviation/Aerospace experience is a bonus)
- Ability to travel up to ~10% (domestic and international)
Required Skills Experience and Talents
- Practical experience with manufacturing methods
- Practical knowledge and ability to interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Proficient in practical understanding and application of risk analysis techniques including Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Proficient with office software applications and a proven ability to use basic data analysis tools
- Ability to quickly learn and develop new processes
- Demonstrated practical experience in effectively leading others through structured problem-solving exercises.
- Self-driven to achieve defined goals and metrics requiring minimal supervision.
- Effective teamwork interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exceptional analytical problem solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
Preferred Skills Experience and Talents
- Mechanical design and analysis
- Lean Six Sigma certification or Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality / process improvement tools
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Familiarity with Agile PLM and UniPoint for data documentation in Non-Conformances Corrective Actions and Engineering Change Requests
- Experience leading and implementing change
- Experience performing internal audits and participating in external audits
- Experience working in a company that has implemented and maintained a certified ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 Quality Management System
Equal Pay Disclosure(s)
Colorado Equal Pay Statement: Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role to be located in the state of Colorado.
79200.00 - 99000.00 USD Annual
Target Annual Short-Term Incentive:
Bonus Plan at 5% (% of Annualized Base Pay)
Eligible for Incentive Stock Program:
Gogo offers competitive benefits including medical dental and vision coverage with plans that can fit each employees needs. We offer an immediate vesting 401k plan paid time off and volunteer time off. Employees have the option to participate in an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Visit the Careers page on our website for more information at www.gogoair.com/careers.
- -- --- ---
Gogo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept of Equal Employment opportunity.
Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race color religion age sex national origin marital status medical condition or disability.
The EEO is the law and is available here.
Gogo participates in E-Verify ( English and Spanish ).
Right to Work Statement ( English and Spanish ).
Aircell Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.