Sr It Engineer Hot
- Merritt Island, Florida
- Job ID
Sr It Engineer job at Airbus Defense and Space in Merritt Island FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing manufacturing and delivering aerospace products services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and aworldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locationsand12000 direct suppliersglobally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia Europe and the Americas and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: The Sr Satellite I&T/Testing Engineer will be responsible for I&T and simulation test planning activities and ensuring that the activities are compatible with the Flatsat and align well with plans for integration at the I&T facilities.
- Develop and execute various tests pertaining to the AirbusUS satellite platforms including ARROW platform to meet customer requirements:
- Interact with the Flatsats and other I&T infrastructure to test functionality and performance
- Develop test sequences that demonstrate compliance with various interface specifications at both the subsystem and satellite and systems level
- Create test plans and procedures for various levels of assembly: unit module subsystem platform satellite. Includes testing such as functional environmental compatibility
- Work with the AirbusUS and OneWeb Satellites engineers to develop and perform V&V tasks that ensure compatibility and performance of various 3rd party equipment with the modified ARROW platform as well as new satellite programs
- Assist in ensuring maximum reuse of the existing ARROW product and identify need for modification
- Ability to participate in multiple design activities (programs or mission) could lead to spacecraft payload satellite bus ground system (control and user segments) and/or launch integration activities.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional planning coordination and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of propulsion engineering and integration activities.
- Support the evolution of the ARROW product development roadmap: includes design and testing adjustments schedule and cost targets aligned with future business capture strategies.
Other duties as assigned: 10%
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
Required: Bachelors degree in STEM (Science Technical Engineering Math) or related scientific areas or combination of education and experience.
Preferred: Masters degree in STEM (Science Technical Engineering Math) or related scientific areas or combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with a Bachelors degree or 8 years of experience with a Masters degree in the satellite I&T engineering and/or related domains
- Experience working with satellite systems starting from conceptual designs and tradeoffs through detailed design development manufacture integration test launch and early orbit operations.
- Manufacturing experience highly desirable.
Knowledge Skills Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Proficiency with various I&T engineering tools and processes
- Familiarity with elements of space mission architectures extending beyond the satellite platform including launch flight operations mission CONOPS user interfaces etc.
- Communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner across multiple levels.
- Be team-minded and ready to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural fast-moving and complex/technical environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Flexible attitude and strong initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results.
Communication Skills (Spoken Written Influencing Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent listening comprehension and interpersonal skills as responsible for daily communication via email and phone calls required.
- Excellent analytical interpersonal communication (verbal/writing) and presentation skills.
- If FL based infrequent travel to DC area to coordinate with VA-based team and present to various customers and mission partners
- Infrequent international travel to collaborate with European Airbus counterparts
- Possibility for on-site support during launch campaigns
- US citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance
- Active DoD security clearance at Secret or above highly desirable.
Direct Reports: Exempt: 0
Equal Opportunity: Airbus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion gender gender identity or expression sexual orientation national origin genetics disability age or veteran status. Airbus is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause with or without notice.
Airbus Defense and Space Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.