Staff Accountant Urgent
- Westminster, Colorado
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Staff Accountant job at Air Comm Corporation in Westminster CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. We post all our current job opportunities at http://aircommcorp.com/employment-opportunities
This full-time exempt position supports the accounting department including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, basic general ledger functions and the payroll process. The Staff Accountant performs basic troubleshooting to reconcile account balances and inquiries to obtain missing information or verify unusual data. Work is relatively independent, with supervision available to address non-routine questions.
Accounts Receivable Functions - 45%
1. Daily review of generated invoices from ERP system regarding prior day shipments.
2. Accountable to check AR Accounting email box to send paper invoices to customers who do not accept digital invoices.
3. Accountable to check the work order shared folder to email or mail summarized invoices to MRO customers.
4. Accountable to make sure payment received for pre-pay term customer, if not then contact customer service and work with them to receive the payment.
5. Once credit card payments are processed by the customer service team, after two days make sure the credit card deposit batch processes into our depository bank account. If the merchant credit card deposit has not shown up in our bank account after two days, work with manager and merchant vendor to locate the missing credit card deposit.
6. Review daily of the credit card merchant portal, obtain copies of the credit card receipts and apply the payment correctly to customer’s account.
7. Review daily of depository account for incoming deposits (ACH and Wire Transfer), confirm with customer’s payment advice and apply the payment correctly to customer’s account.
8. Process customer’s check payment through remote deposit and apply correctly to customer’s account.
9. Review weekly the accounts receivable aging report and work with customer regarding the past due balance. Involve service team and MRO team to resolve issues that affect receiving payment from customer. When there is no response from customer after a few attempts of collection, escalate to service manager and operation manager for further approach include direct contact with customer’s management and/or place a hold on the account.
10. Verify trade references when customer is requesting payment terms. After trade references are received, work with service manager to evaluate the information and determine payment terms.
11. Fill out annual supplier forms. Collaborate with other departments to complete the form accurately.
Payroll Functions - 35%
1. Responsible for preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll.
2. Gather all payroll related necessary activities to process payroll.
3. Aid human resources on related payroll matters.
4. Maintain electronic copy of payroll records.
General Accounting Functions - 10%
1. Enter related payroll journal entries.
2. Process bank reconciliation and enter corresponding journal entries.
3. Enter journal entry for paid time-off accrual true-up.
4. Assist with annual financial audit requests.
Accounts Payable Functions - 5%
1. Assist with accounts payable functions as needed
Continuous Improvement - 5 %
1. Maintain the company culture and the company values by role modeling and coaching the desired behavior.
2. Work with direct manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to continue to grow skills and abilities.
• Bachelors Degree in related field required.
• Minimum 5 years Accounting, Payroll, or Bookkeeping experience required.
• Manufacturing or similar industry experience required.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and ability to effectively multi-task and manage time.
• Accurate data entry skills.
• Working knowledge of debits and credits.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills.
• A natural instinct for investigation of exceptions and non-routine events.
• Prior expertise with ERP, MRP, or other accounting software package required.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.
Air Comm Corporation Company Overview
Our Mission To strive ceaselessly to produce products that provide optimal comfort, safety, reliability and value for the operator. Value is defined as a high quality, durable product that provides reliable, efficient, effective performance under all operating conditions, light weight and low maintenance all at the lowest possible cost. WHO WE ARE: History: Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987. ACC was founded to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking higher performance environmental control systems not available from the aircraft manufacturer. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications. Culture: Air Comm Corporation is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, creative, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25, within 1 mile of public transportation, and has mountain views! We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment. If you arelooking to be a valued contributor for a fun and hardworking company, look no further that ACC! Industry : ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components andengineered solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/mechanical system design, development and production. Every ACC system is FAA-approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate, or via military qualification. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military. What Sets ACC Apart : In our company, we do the right thing when no one is looking. Personalintegrity is non-negotiable here. Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. WHAT WE DO: Engineering: ACC’s technical staff is comprised of aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, and electricalengineers who each bring a unique set of talents and expertise in order to develop state of the artsystems. Our engineering staff is supported by certified SolidWorks Professionals. Test: The ACC test facility at the Boulder Municipal Airport has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and to identify areas where optimization can be realized. We have the capability to perform certification testing to meet DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 standards. Poduction : We perform high-precision Tube Manufacturing, Welding, Mechanical, and Electrical Assembly. All ACC associates are committed to perfection, and strive to maintain a flawless record of out-of-the-box accuracy and complete customer satisfaction. Air Comm Corporation is a FAA-PMA facility with FAA-DMIR authority. Our quality assurance system conforms to the quality control requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100 Rev D Certification. Air Comm systems are manufactured to exacting standardsto insure the highest possible quality in terms of safety, reliability, performance and aesthetics. Repair Station: ACC has an FAA certified repair station where we repair and overhaul many of the items we manufacture for our line of STC air conditioning and heating systems. We also provide MRO services in support of our OEM customers comprised of the world’s largest aircraft and helicopter manufacturers. All Repair technicians complete extensive on-site training in areas such as: Human Factors, Technical Data, Situational Awareness, the Repair Station Manual, and Facility Security courses, in order to enhance the overall level of quality that ACC delivers to their managed and outside customers. PAY & BENEFITS: At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements. Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.