Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Solon, Ohio
- Annual Salary $60,000.00 - $80,000.00
- Job ID
Senior Mechanical Engineer job at Aerospace Maintenance Solutions LLC in Solon OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Engineering Project Manager
The Engineering Project Manager will develop, document and implement new repair capabilities and reverse engineer existing components for manufacturing under the design process established by the Quality Management System to assure achievement of established company goals and objectives. Technical writing of in-house manuals which includes documentation of unit under test specifications and procedures for testing. Oversee and Validate First Article Inspections in cooperation with Quality Control and Engineering. Communicate with Management, Production Controller and Quality Assurance personnel about capabilities, design process development, production schedules. Conduct employee training requirements and repair manual documentation as determined by Engineering Work Orders and the Process Design Checklist. Candidate Must be an Electrical or Mechanical degreed engineer.
- Generate repair capabilities and document progress on the Design Process Checklist.
- Reverse Engineer to Extract Engineering details and design components with available technical documents for capabilities.
- Draft and revise in-house repair manuals for unit under test, test set, and develop health check procedures acceptable to Quality Assurance personnel and successfully complete first article testing.
- Review project development on a weekly basis and determine corrective action, as needed, to assure timely completion and discuss this status during attendance of AMS weekly engineering status meeting.
- Communicate with Engineering Manager, Accountable Manager and Production Controller to convey capacity and personnel requirements for new capabilities entering production to ensure adequate workforce and scheduling.
- Monitor activities of Purchasing to assure acceptance and completion of material requests.
- Maintain professional business relationship with supporting vendors.
- Maintain an understanding of vendor products and materials and required process timelines to mitigate delays.
- Support the Quality System by following procedures, completing mandatory training and continually documenting records to meet the requirements of the Quality System AS-9100, AS-9110 regulations.
Solidworks, Visual Basics, or Labview Required
Degree: BS, or MS in Engineering Discipline
Prior Engineering Experience required within an AS9110 environment
- Job Feed
- News Feed