Fellow Digital Engineering Featured
- Jupiter, Florida
- Job ID
Fellow Digital Engineering job at Aerojet Rocketdyne in Jupiter FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Aerojet Rocketdyne our people further the exploration of space and keep America safe. AR is a world-recognized leader in aerospace and defense providing propulsion and energetics to power the space missile defense and armaments industries. Our projects present tangible opportunities for you to make a significant impact and be recognized for your work. Visit www.rocket.com for more information on our company.
We are seeking a Digital Engineering Fellow who is ready to bring their skills and capabilities into this exciting field. This position can be located at our facility in West Palm Beach FL Huntsville AL or Canoga Park CA.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
The AR Digital Engineering Fellow is a critical role and responsibilities will include developing an Engineering Digital thread with an integrated digital approach that uses authoritative sources of system data and models as a continuum across disciplines to support lifecycle activities from concept through disposal.
The successful candidate will be a visionary Technical Leader at the critical intersection of business and technology with a demonstrated track record of strategic thinking critical decision making technical expertise and experience to deliver successful products aligned with business strategy. A Fellow leads new and enabling technology development identifies and mitigates risks resolves issues and serves as a role model and mentor for the next generation of technical leaders. A Fellow also proactively leads improvement initiatives. A Fellow partners with business development teams demonstrates leadership on industry boards and drives direction of standards that align with AR business demands. Excellent communication skills are required at all levels both internally and externally.
This position will entail engineering work related to a diverse product line. Job responsibilities will include:
80% - The Digital Engineering Fellow will be responsible for:
- Maintaining clear definition of AR DE needs and requirements.
- Providing functional physical allocated architecture for SE digital ecosystem.
- Driving robust and consistent DE implementation for Defense and Space Sectors.
- Coordinating standard work generation and implementation.
- Integrating with connecting organizations to enhance AR Digital Thread.
- Maintaining hands-on expertise in tools and mentoring others.
- Maintaining up-to-date benchmarking of AR capability compared to industry competitors customers and end customer expectations.
- Identifying demonstrating prioritizing and integrating new capabilities.
- Providing guidance to executives chief engineers functional management and program management to identify define and deploy DE technology to improve products and competitiveness.
10% - Support of Fellowship related activities including: (focus on the non-program overhead activities)
- Provide a strategic annual DE technical plan at the critical intersection of business and technology.
- Assess AR technical capabilities (tools) and requirements to be world-class AR strengths opportunities and weaknesses and future technology requirements.
- Identify AR organizational (personnel) technical capabilities strengths and gaps and plan future capability improvements within discipline with senior leadership.
- Demonstrate technical leadership.
- Drive direction of standards that align with AR business demands.
- Serve as a role model and mentor for the next generation of technical leaders.
- Provide initial consulting information in key technical areas.
- Proactively lead improvement initiatives participate in the Technical Excellence Seminar Series aligned with Engineering Week and support Lunch and Learn activities.
- Demonstrate leadership on industry boards university affiliations and technical societies.
10% - Apply ARs latest engineering processes to assigned Programs.
- Requires a Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering and minimum of 15 years of direct industry experience (prefer advanced degrees with credit given for advanced degrees)
- Experience with Digital Engineering application is required.
- Recognized as a leader and technical expert within the Rocket and/or Aerospace Industries
- Demonstrated leadership role in defining and executing company and engineering initiatives
- Demonstrated achievements in providing digital engineering capabilities. Desired capabilities include leadership in at least one aspect of DE and an ability to lead in the following areas;MBSE PLM and integration with ERP and production along with customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of WindchillSysML and Microsoft Office applications (Excel PowerPoint Word Project).
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills be able to interface effectively with senior technical staff and all levels of management and play a leadership role within the industry technical community to ensure that ARs interests are represented
- Demonstrated track record of knowledge sharing mentoring and coaching
- Recognized publications patents membership in key professional society technical committees (e.g. INCOSE or AIAA) and government advisory boards (e.g. for USAF or NASA)
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking climbing stooping crouching and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses safety shoes and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Aerojet Rocketdyne Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.